Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sandpiper by Ellen Wittlinger


I picked up this book because of an online book discussion group that is just getting under way. I came to the chat about half way through because my work schedule gets me home late on Wednesday evenings. I'm looking forward to this Wednesday when Ellen Wittlinger will be a part of the chat group. Questions anyone?
Sandpiper has a reputation around town and her latest break-up brings her face-to-face with one of the mysteries of the story, the Walker. Her mother is getting re-married, her sister can be slightly annoying and her Dad is out of touch. But these characters grow past a 'type' and interact with believablility and humor. I wanted to find out if Sandpiper could work past her difficulties and learn more about Walker who definitely has some secrets of his own. This book would mostly appeal to girls who could walk in the difficult shoes of a likable character learning hard lessons about herself.

No comments: